Skip to main content

Commencement of Java Class | By Using Blended Learning Mode

Dear Friends, 

Greetings! How are you today? 


As you are already aware, College is reopening on 13th September. [At this time, I am not aware of the new developments, if any].


I am writing to interest you in commencing Java Classes, by using Blogs + Google Groups + SMS, immediately and lets not wait for class-room sessions.

[Inspired by the talks of Prof. Ravindra G Dastikop, at Virtual Global Conference on Blended and Distributed Education, Christ University, Bengaluru,where even I was an invited participant.]

So, I thought this is the opportune time for me to initiate this and to say YES to Blended Learning.

@Head - CSE: Many Thanks to Prof. Shrihari M Joshi, for his immense support in this initiative.

So, lets begin the show, and here I give link to my new blog, meant wholly for Java teaching - 7th Sem ' A ' division. [2007 - 2011 Batch].

I recommend you to communicate with me for any Java related queries by directly commenting in the blog itself, and i do not prefer mail for this purpose; As our conversations in the blog, could have a relevance to the immediate topic on which you would be commenting and could act as a Knowledge Base for next batch.


Please Note:
Check your understanding type of questions would be asked on all these posts, when we meet in the class room. 

Recommend you to watch:
--
Warm Regards,

Mayur P,Lect,SDMCET,Dwd.
*I touch the future;I teach.*

Comments

Parag said…
Hi Mayur,

This is a very nice initiative. Blended learning is the right way to teach, especially when we have access to new media and the teaching and learning opportunities it provides.

I had tried something like this a couple of years back and it worked out quite well, though in that time students were not very familiar with new media. I was hoping this approach would free up some time in class where we could have more discussions rather than just teach simple concepts. That did not quite happen, but I was still happy with the results of that little experiment.

Here's the Java blog I had created - http://scitjava.blogspot.com/

--
Regards
Parag
Mayur Patil said…
Dear Parag,
Many Thanks for your Good Wishes.
And it seems great that, you did this experiment way back in 2007!!.
Also Thanks for providing a link to your blog,I shall go though it.
And, I wish you all the $UCCE$$ in all your future endeavors.

Regard,
Mayur Patil