Skip to main content

Incredible Indians

My Memorable Experience at Chennai.

The 2- day workshop on Data Mining at Dr.M G R University, got over at 5 PM on 28th August, but my journey back to Bangalore by train was scheduled at 11:15PM on the same night.

Having around 5 hours in hand, but, having no one of my acquaintance over there in Chennai, and I knowing only a few words of Tamil and Telugu (Thanks to my stay at Bangalore during my work at Cognizant), I was able to have a conversation with 6 participants of the workshop who were basically from Selam (Tamil Nadu), with they knowing only a few words of English and Hindi, so no common language in between!, I managed to get along with them and happily visited:

1) Marina Beach. - The beach runs a distance of 13 Kms !!!
2) Chepauk Stadium. -  M. A. Chidambaram Stadium cricket stadium.
3) Secretariat Complex - Tamil Nadu legislative assembly-secretariat complex also known as the Omandurar Government Estate



4) Anna Square....


I never knew that I would meet these people and visit these places on that day and I had planned just to wait for 5 hours in the waiting room for the train.

Alas,I did not know when did the clock struck to 10:30PM !!!.
Every good thing should come to an END!.
Leaving my memories on the shore of Marina Beach and on the waves of Bay of Bengal Sea, I unwillingly moved towards Railway Station.
And , my new friends did help me, to reach Chennai Central Railway Station by local train, on time.

Many snaps were taken.I shall share them soon here.

I do not know, if I am going to meet them again, with whom I spent a quality time.


Incredible India and Incredible Indians !!!

Comments

Govind Negalur said…
Really Nice Experience... Yes.. India is really incredible!!!!... :)
Mayur Patil said…
Dear Govind,
Many wishes for your FEEL GOOD factor :-)
Govind Negalur said…
Yes thank you.. :)